This is an analysis of the poem The Warrior King that begins with:
Albert, King of the Belgians,
Lived for his whole reign thro'... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbcXXdd AXbefdXX Agaagcac AhfhXebe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010010 110111 010110010 101101 101010010 11111111 01011110 1100101 1010010 101110 11010010 110101 101001011 0100111 101001110 10011000 1010010 100111 10110010 1010101 1001010 100101 1001011 1011001 1010010 110111 111110 100101 001110010 11101001 010110010 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, king are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
The author used the same word albert at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Warrior King;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.