This is an analysis of the poem The Old Gunn's Gully Line that begins with:
The ole train puffs in once a day
On the ole Gunn's Gully line;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccbbb dbdbeefaf bgbghhgagXabgbeebfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,19,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101 1011101 0010100111 110111 1111011110 1111011110 10001 11111111 111101 011011101 010110 10110110111 010111 11111111 11111111 1011111 11110111 011101 10100101 1011101 01011111 1101001 11011101 11011111 111101 101110111 1011111 01111101 1011101 001011101 010111 11111111 011110101 1011111 1110110101 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 305
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, nobody, her, or, an', all, there's are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words nobody, with are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines her is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Old Gunn's Gully Line;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.