This is an analysis of the poem The Lingothatweuze that begins with:
I metabloke in Collun-street
A cove I yustano... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX XXXX XXXX bXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX bXXX XXXX XbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000101 011100 1111010 010001 1011100 11101 1110100 11000 1100010 100011 10101001 110111 11000101 110101 11011101 110101 11000110 110000 10000100 110100 11010010 101101 1001110 100100 10101010 10111 11110100 110100 1011100 110100 1111010 101100 10101100 1101 1110110 110010 110000101 111100 1101011 110101 11101011 110001 1100011 110000 11001100 111001 1001010 11010
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 104
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, ' are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lingothatweuze;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.