This is an analysis of the poem The Interloper that begins with:
The Honourable TORYPHAT addressed the meeting: 'Hem!
(Prolonged applause.) Ah - Mistah Chairman, gentlemen. To stem... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaaXX bbbbbbbb XXXccccc bbccddee ccaaddcc Xddaadddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0100100010101 01011101010001 01010101010101 11000111111010 11101100011111 11010110010001 11011001110111 101010101010111 01100011010100 011101001010101 1010101111010001 1110101011101 01000100111101 01010100010111 110010100100101 111101010111011 0110001011111 010110100111001 11110111110100 101010100010101 11010101100101 001001111010011 11110101110111 001110101110101 11111111010101 011111100111001 11110100010111 001010101111101 11000101111101 11101101110101 11011101110101 11110101110101 10110111100101 110101001101001 11110101010101 110010000000101 11011101110111 01011101110111 11010100011101 11101101101001 110110110100101 01010110110111 01010111011111 11010111010101 01110101111101 01011111111011 11010101111101 01010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 500
- Average number of words per stanza: 87
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and, been, we, to, ah, he, sir, ai, ai'll are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we, they've, he's, a are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Interloper;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.