This is an analysis of the poem The Dusky Wood-Swallow that begins with:
Surely must you know me,
Friendly and content;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcDc efefggDg hghghiDi jkjkhgDg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 10110 111011 10100 011010 10111 101010 10101 1001110 111001 111010 11001 100010 110101 101010 10101 100010 01101 111010 11111 101010 10111 101010 10101 001010 11001 101010 10101 1001110 10111 101010 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Dusky Wood-Swallow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of In A Forest Garden: A Promise Of Spring
- Analysis of John Galsworthy
- Analysis of The Exiles