This is an analysis of the poem The Creed Of Old George Jones that begins with:
A little of fretting, a little of getting,
A little of slaving and saving, may be;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccaa Xaaaddee adadffXa XgXgccaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010010010 01001011010 010010010010 11011001011 1011011011 1110101111 1010011010010 011010010110 010010010010 01001011011 010010010010 01011111001 11001001001 11111001011 10110110110 110010010110 1111101010010 11001111010 010110011010 01101001101 11001011111 11101001111 110111011010 110111010010 010010011011 01001001101 010010111110 01101011001 11011011011 1100111111 1010011110010 111110010010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 369
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, little, and, to, all are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
The author used the same word a at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Creed Of Old George Jones;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.