This is an analysis of the poem The Anonymous Altruist that begins with:
A mysterious cove in the Customs
The boss, so to speak, of the Ban ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccbdedde afggfdhiih ajiijiibbi akllkiffmfXabffbmfbbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,21,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010010010 01101001 111001 111111 111001001 1110111110 11111101 111101 001111 11111001 0010011010 01001011 101011 101111 111001111 1111011010 11011001 1110011 111011 011101101 0010011010 01111001 011011 101011 111101011 1110010010 01011001 111101 101001 1101011011 0010011010 01011011 101010 101001 101001001 1010110110 101101101 101001 0011000 111001111 0010011010 11001001 101101 101011 001100101 1010010010 0110001 11001 001101 11101011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 314
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, he, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word this is repeated.
The author used the same word this at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word more at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Anonymous Altruist;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.