This is an analysis of the poem Song Of Snobs that begins with:
When Leonardo was a lad there was a certain set
Who snubbed him most outrageously - in fact, they snub him yet... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaaXX XXaa ccbbddcXX bbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,9,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11010101110101 11111100011111 11000101110001 01011111111111 01011100010101 11011001010101 11010111111101 111010101111101 111010101001111 11111011010111 1010111011100111 11110001110101 1111101110101 11110100011101 11111101111001 101000101110001 01010101110101 11011100010101 1111110 1011111 1010101011101011 11010111111101 11000101110111 101110011010101 11001101110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 370
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, in, at, and, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of Snobs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.