This is an analysis of the poem Redivivus that begins with:
To-day I took old rhymes that I had written.
And read them through, each one unto the end:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dbdbee bdbdee fgfgee ddddhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111111110 1101111001 10010101110 1011000111 1101011101 1101110111 10011101010 0101010101 11010101010 1101111111 11001010101 1111011001 10111101010 1111001111 11111101010 0111011101 0101110011 0100110011 11010011010 0101110101 10111101010 1110110100 1101011111 1111011001 11111101010 1001111111 10011101010 101111111 1101010101 1101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, so, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words when, a, never are repeated.
The author used the same word all at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Redivivus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.