This is an analysis of the poem Preface: Old Gosh Rhyme that begins with:
Let him who is minded to meet with a Glug
Pluck three hardy hairs from a rabbit-skin rug;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaabbccccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101001001 11101001011 1100111001 1101011001 11101101001 10110100111 1110100111 00100110111 11001 11001 111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 447
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines toes is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Preface: Old Gosh Rhyme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.