This is an analysis of the poem Our Town Awakes that begins with:
Six o'clock. From the railway yard
The engine toots; careering hard,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccaadd eeffgghhii jjeeddkkcc hhXglljjff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100111 01010101 01110111 011100111 01110101 10010101 101110111 1101101 11110101 010100101 1010101 1110101 01111111 1111111 01000101 11100111 1011101 01010101 101110101 100100101 1010111 11110101 01110111 11010011 10010101 01110101 110110101 01011101 100100111 11110101 1010111 1011101 1011101 1111111 01001001010 110100110 101110101 11111101 1010110101 111010110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 361
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Our Town Awakes;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.