This is an analysis of the poem Old Town Types No. 6 - Flash Phil that begins with:
Still I've the picture of him - Flash Phil Galloway;
In a shining dog-cart driving down the road;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abCCbaXddX XeffecghhX dXiidXXbXX XdggXaiCCX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110100111101 00101110101 1010101 1010101 10101010111 101010111101 111011111 1101101 1010101 1110101110101 111011010100 11101010101 1010101 1110101 1010101010010 110101101011 10101011101 101101 10010101 101010110001 111011010100 1010101101010 1011101 1000111 11010010001 111011000100 11110110111 01011101 11101011 111101111111 11101111100 1010100010101 1010101 1010101 111011101011 1111100111101 00101111111 1010101 1010101 10101011011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 419
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Old Town Types No. 6 - Flash Phil;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of Old Town Types No. 4 - Our Mr. Trim
- Analysis of Wangled By The Wayside
- Analysis of The Little People