This is an analysis of the poem Old Black Jacko that begins with:
Old Black Jacko
Smokes tobacco... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabba XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110 1011 0010101 111 110101 111011 10101101110 111011100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; puff is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Old Black Jacko;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.