This is an analysis of the poem More For The Money that begins with:
What are the wild waves saying now that their lengths are changed?
In a manner most dismaying are the stations now aranged.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaabXccXdXXXeeX XebbddbbXdXfXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101110111111 0010101010101100 111111101011001 110010101010101 100110100011101 10111010110111 1111010011111 101010101010001 01111111 011111000101 11100100111 101011101 10100011 1111101 11011101 001010001 11011101111100 101010101010101 11010010110101 10101010111011 11101010110111 1101010110111 101010101111101 1010101011101 01110111 011111000101 10011101 10111010 10001110 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 770
- Average number of words per stanza: 141
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, from are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words or, from, on are repeated.
The author used the same word what at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of More For The Money;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.