This is an analysis of the poem Ma Mammy's Done Me In: A New Theme Song that begins with:
The sun's gone east... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaaXXbcXcXbbX c a X XdddXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,1,1,1,7,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 0111 11111 10110111 10101010 11110111010 11110 0011101 11110 0101111 10101010 11100001 1110100 111010 11101011011011011100101111010111011111111110111111011111011010101101 01101000011111010111000101111001101001001011011111101 11011011011011001101110111100101 10101010 11111 10111 1111111101 1011010 110110011000 101 1101110101111010100101101010101000
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 55 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, we, ole, an', say, ma, in, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ma Mammy's Done Me In: A New Theme Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.