This is an analysis of the poem Knights Of The Never Never that begins with:
When I rode with young Sid Kidman out across the Yarrowie Plain
In that year the Long Drought ended, and the northlands smiled again ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXbcc ddeeffgX hhbbaaXX hhiiggjj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111011101010101 011011101010101 11101101110100 011101011100111 1101110010110 11011101110101 111011101011001 01010100010101 11010101010101 0100111010100101 01010101011101 1011111100101001 110010101010111 01110100110111 1111010101101 01010101110011 11011101010101 11110101110111 111101010010111 111111100010001 10001111011101 11101101111101 01010011111011 11111101010101 101110100010000 10010111010101 11010101010011 11110101010101 11110101100011 01011111010101 001010101010001 10111111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 486
- Average number of words per stanza: 89
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, and, of, his, ', who are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Knights Of The Never Never;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of War's End Armistice Day 1935
- Analysis of The Listener
- Analysis of Old Town Types No. 10 - Big Doc Littlejohn