This is an analysis of the poem Important People that begins with:
The success of the Scout movement throughout the whole world has been amply proven by the present triumphant gathering in Melbourne.
Great and... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXacdcd ababefef gXgXhihi XbXbjhjh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 00100110010111010101001010100010 11010101 01010111 11010100 110010101 11011101 01111101 11111111 11011101 11111101 11010101 11111101 11001111 11111101 11011110 11110111 01111101 11011101 11011101 11001101 11101111 11110101 010101010 11001111 100101010 01010111 01010001 11001100 11110111 01110101 10011101 11011101 11001101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 321
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word their is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Important People;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.