This is an analysis of the poem Dusk that begins with:
Now is the healing, quiet hour that fills
This gay, green world with peace and grateful rest.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbaab acaccaac Xaaaaaaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010101011 0111011101 1101010001 01011100101 111101 0111010101 1001010101 0110001 001110101 0101011111 10101010101 01000110101 011101 1001010111 0101010101 111101 1011010111 1101010111 11001011111 11011000101 011101 101111000101 1101100101 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 342
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dusk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.