This is an analysis of the poem Colac that begins with:
A lady plump and pleasing
And generous and free,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcdc ebfbXghg didiejgj edfddcgc bXgXbhbh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101110 110011 01010110 010111 1101010 010111 110101001 010101 0101010 110101 11101101 110101 0101010 111111 01011101 111100 1101010 110111 11111101 000100 0011010 110001 01011101 110111 0101010 110100 11010011 011101 1111110 011111 01001111 010101 0101110 110101 001101011 101111 1111110 010101 11011101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The author used the same word a at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Colac;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.