This is an analysis of the poem Birds, Batsmen And Bowlers that begins with:
The throstle now in English lanes
Bids Summer strew her dear delights. . . .... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacacdedXXXXXeee fXXXfgfgdhdXdiihhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,18,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110101 11010101 11011101 11110111 01011101 11110101 01110101 01011111 01010111 11011101 110010011 1000010010 1000010010 10000100100 100001000100 10000100 11010111 11110101 10010101 01010101 01011111 10010100 11110101 11000101 10010101 01111101 01011101 01010111 10011111 01110101 1000010010 10000010010 10000100111 10000111 11111101 01011101 11110001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 663
- Average number of words per stanza: 120
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, if, it, it's are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines chipperfield, smith are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Birds, Batsmen And Bowlers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.