This is an analysis of the poem Bert that begins with:
Did you ever meet Bert? 'E's all over the town,
In offices, shops an' in various places, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefgdgd XXXXhfhf iXiXjXjX XfhfhXhX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011011111001 010011010010 1011111111 110111110110 1101011011 11111010110 11101111011 1111110010010 110011011101 110011110010 11111111001 111011110110 11001001011 111011011010 11101111101 0110110110110 11111011101 110010110110 1111111011 111010010110 1111111011 11010110110 11011001111 11011011110 1011111101 101111110111 1101101101 11010011011 11111111011 100011110110 11011011001 110110111010 1001111101 10111110110 11111001011 111111010110 01001011011 110110010110 01111010111 1110111010010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 371
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an', 'e, to, you, 'im are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bert;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.