This is an analysis of the poem Autumn Interlude that begins with:
I said goodbye to the bees last Friday week,
To blooms, and to things like these, for Winter bleak... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aabbccdd eeffeeaa ggffffhh AaffXaee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11110011111 01101111101 11010011101 01001111101 1111100111111 111111011111 11001011101 10111111101 111001011101 111010110101 11001011101 11111011011 1111100111001 1110101011111 11001110111 1110011111111 11101011101 11001010101 11110011111 0101001011 11110011111 11111111110 111110010101 00101011111 11110011111 10101010101 110010010111 101101110111 10111011110 1110010010111 10011000111 10101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 404
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word who is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn Interlude;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of Arch Criminal
- Analysis of A Letter To The Front
- Analysis of Art Is Long - Hair Is Shorter