This is an analysis of the poem Anticlimax that begins with:
Now, my gift of crude invective is astonishingly high,
And I've quite a flair for fierce vituperation,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabaa XcXcdd XXebff XXXXeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010100010001 111011110000 111011101010101 101110011010 11110101110111 011010100010111 111010110011101 11111001100 111000101010101 011000100010 11010101010011 01011100011001 11110100100110 11010101010 11010101011111 11110111011 11110101010101 11010101111111 111101001111010 101011101010 10110100111101 0110111000 101010111111111 0010100100111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 326
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, with, i, of are repeated.
The author used the same word now at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Anticlimax;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of Ballad Of Bopard Defied
- Analysis of Ballad Of Captious Critics
- Analysis of Bacchus Marsh