This is an analysis of the poem Aesthete In The Avenue that begins with:
Within the wooded avenue I stood,
And I was proud.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabbcaac adadXdeffe cXcXgghXhh ijijkkXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010111 1111 1101011100 1111 1101110111 10010010001 110111 1011010101 1111110101 010101 1101110101 0101 0111010111 1001 1101000100 10010000111 110101 1101110101 11011100001 010101 1101111101 0011 1101010111 00110 0111110111 11010110001 111111 1011010111 1101010101 111001 1111110111 1111 0111010101 1111 1101001101 0110011111 111110 1111110100 1111111111 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 350
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, ' are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase wept connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aesthete In The Avenue;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.