This is an analysis of the poem Adulations Artful Aid that begins with:
Some of us may be tall, ma'am;
Some of us may be dark;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdccd aeaececce adaddfddf agahhcggc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1011011 101101 1101111 1111001 11111101 110011 01010101 11111101 010011 1101111 110101 1111011 0101001 10110001 110101 11111101 01010101 111100 1111011 0111001 1110011 011111 11110100 010111 11010101 11110111 111101 1101011 1101110 1100111 0101010 01010100 110101 110110111 01111111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 290
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; some, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word some is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Adulations Artful Aid;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.