This is an analysis of the poem Accent Conscious that begins with:
Trouble brews along the border for the word has got around
That blokes an' coves an' coots must mind their tongues;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbbcX cabbadd XbeebXX bfeefgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010101011101 1111111111 10101110 10101010 1111000101 101001100011111 001011101110110 101110101010101 01101011101 10101010 10111010 10111010111 101010001010001 11011101011101 111010100010101 10101010101 10101010 11101010 11101010111 101010101010101 11000101111111 111110101111011 01010101001 10100010 11100010 10101010101 1011101001110011 10101001001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 342
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, in are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines them is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Accent Conscious;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.