This is an analysis of the poem Sheep Fair On The Marches. that begins with:
When gorse-pods are popping
And heather's in bloom...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX bcbc dbdX bbXb Xdad efef bdbd fefe fdfd ghgh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110 11001 110110 01011 111010 11001 010110 01001 110110 11011 010010 11011 010110 11011 010110 11011 111010 11011 111110 01111 111110 11101 110110 11011 110010 01011 111110 01011 111011 11011 010011 11001 110010 01011 111110 11011 101101 101101 101111 101001
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, on are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sheep Fair On The Marches.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Cicely Fox Smith
- Analysis of Ships And Folks
- Analysis of Ships That Pass (An Episode Of The Cruiser Patrol)
- Analysis of Shipwreck