This is an analysis of the poem Our Jubilee Visitors that begins with:
IN this moment of our joy and exultation
From distant lands they come,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabacbcb dedefbfb gbgbcbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001001111000 010111 01010100010 110111 111010100110 110101 010010101010 1010110 01011101010 1011101 1110100101110 0010111 11010111010 110101 101010011010 0010100 1111101001110 110111 101011101010 1010101 111110101010 111101 11010111010 1010100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 307
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
The author used the same word in at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word englishman at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Our Jubilee Visitors;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.