This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xxxiii. Life And Death. 5. that begins with:
YET in all facts of sense life stands revealed;
And from a thousand symbols hope may take... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdeced
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011011101 1001010111 01000101001 1101001101 0111010101 11010000101 00101011101 01001010001 1101010101 0101110101 1101011101 0111011001 00101011101 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 600
- Average number of words per stanza: 103
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xxxiii. Life And Death. 5.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Christopher Pearse Cranch
- Analysis of Sonnet Xxxiv. Life And Death. 6.
- Analysis of Sonnet Xxxix. Bayard Taylor.
- Analysis of Sonnet Xxxv. Life And Death. 7.