This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Lvi. Music And Poetry. 2. that begins with:
YET words though weak are all that poets own
Wherewith their muse translates that kindred muse... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaXbacdbcbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111111101 10011011101 0100110111 10010001001 11111010101 1111011111 0101010101 1101110101 0101100101 1111110111 1101010101 101101111 11001011101 1111110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 597
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Lvi. Music And Poetry. 2.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.