This is an analysis of the poem Omar Khayyam that begins with:
READING in Omar till the thoughts that burned
Upon his pages seemed to be inurned... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaXcdcaaXaccecaaXaffXfaagaggXgggehXbbdbiihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 45,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001010111 01010100100 01100101011 110001011 1111001101 1111011101 1101010101 10010101101 1011100101 1101110101 1001010001 1101011101 1111011011 1110011101 0101110001 0101110111 1111001101 0100011101 1111110111 11111100101 1011110001 1111011101 11010110100 1011000101 1111100101 0111010101 1001011011 11100110101 1111110111 11000011111 0101111101 01001011111 10110010011 0101110101 1101010111 0101 111111 1111011101 1111110101 1101011101 0101000101 1101010001 0101010111 1101110101 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1966
- Average number of words per stanza: 361
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Omar Khayyam;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.