This is an analysis of the poem A Woman To Her Lover that begins with:
Do you come to me to bend me to your will
as conqueror to the vanquished... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXbc aXXXc dbeXaXX bacaXebXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,5,7,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11101011010 11000010 0101010 0111010111 0100110 110010 0101111101011 101101010101 110011111010 0101011111 11111011111010 01011111011 10110101 0101011101 11011100010 11110111010 110101011101 1111011000 1110101010010011 11001101 1110111111 0111011101 11010111010011 010101110 1110111010 11110101010101 11110100011101 100100111101 0111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 297
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, me, you, and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, my, and are repeated.
The author used the same word or at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word you at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Woman To Her Lover;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.