This is an analysis of the poem Promises Like Pie-Crust that begins with:
Promise me no promises,
So will I not promise you:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXbXb ccccaded fcfcXeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011100 1011101 1111100 1011101 1110110 1011101 1110111 1011111 1111110 10010101 1111111 1111101 1111001 1010101 1010001 1010011 0110111 1110001 0110101 1110101 1100110 1011101 1011101 1110011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; once, have, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Promises Like Pie-Crust;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.