This is an analysis of the poem Clever Little Willie Wee that begins with:
Clever little Willie wee,
Bright-eyed, blue-eyed little fellow; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdadc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 11111010 1010100 001110 1010001 0010101 1110101 010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 215
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; little is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Clever Little Willie Wee;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Analysis of I Planted A Hand
- Analysis of My Baby Has A Mottled Fist
- Analysis of Heartsease In My Garden Bed