This is an analysis of the poem Skovminder that begins with:
I Skoven, hvor jeg vandred,
Da jeg var ung og glad,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXbXb cXXXXXXX XXcXdede fXfXXXXX XXXXXXXa XXXXXdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110 111111 0100100 111111 1101100 10111 011000 11111 111010 01111 1111110 110111 10111 01100 110110 111101 011000 11111 11110 1111111 111011 11111 111011 11011 110111 110011 111101 11110 01111 111101 110001 10011 110101 1111111 11111 111001 1111 110001 11111 11111 110101 11111 11111 110110 111111 1111 111110 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ei, hver are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Skovminder;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.