This is an analysis of the poem Serenade Ved Strandbredden that begins with:
Hytten er lukket, Natten er stille!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXXXX X XXXX X XaXXXa X aXXa X XXXXXX X XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,4,1,6,1,4,1,6,1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100 100101001 101101101 111101011 1111 111 10110111 1 100101101 101 1111 11011111 100 111110110 11111101 1110110 10110 101100 101001011 1 101001011 111 1000 11111101 100 11101 10111011 11010101 1110 110 101111001 1 101011011 111 110 11111010
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 78
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Serenade Ved Strandbredden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.