This is an analysis of the poem Men Saa — Jeg Nægter Ei — Var Det Ret Yndigt that begins with:
Men saa — jeg nægter ei — var det ret yndigt
At høre Dannerfolk paa Mark og Enge...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111111110 111001111 1010111 1111010111100 11110110 01110101111 11011011 1101011110 10011101 1101001110 1101010101 1011110011 01010001100 11101111000
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nge is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Men Saa — Jeg Nægter Ei — Var Det Ret Yndigt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Christian Winther
- Analysis of Mennesket Har Og Et Bryst
- Analysis of Mens Hjemme Stormen Tuder
- Analysis of Mens Sorgfuld Jeg Mig Her Har Sat