This is an analysis of the poem Da Ubevidst Jeg Sang Og Sad Alene that begins with:
Da ubevidst jeg sang og sad alene
Med mine søde Drømme, vilde Tanker,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbX aXbX aXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1100111101 1111110 11110110 110101011 1111011 11111111110 1100111110 0101111101 11110111110 111111110 1111101110 1111110110 111111111 1111111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, jeg, da are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word da is repeated.
The author used the same word da at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Da Ubevidst Jeg Sang Og Sad Alene;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.