This is an analysis of the poem Verses, On The Death Of The Same Lady that begins with:
LIKE a poor ghost the night I seek;
ts hollow winds repeat my sighs;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef cgcg cccc hihi gbgb cfcfXfefe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10110111 111010111 01110111 01110011 01111101 11110101 11010101 11111101 11011101 1011101001 11011111 110011101 11111101 11110001 11110101 11111111 11110101 01010101 01110111 11011111 1100011 10110101 01110111 01101111 111100101 111111010 01010111 010101010 101110111 010100101 01011101 110000101 111101001 11111101 010011111 110011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Verses, On The Death Of The Same Lady;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.