This is an analysis of the poem Life that begins with:
LIFE, believe, is not a dream
So dark as sages say;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbadad XbXb cbcbededXfXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 111101 1010101 1000101 0111101 111101 0010010101 110101 100100 1101011 100100 010111 1111110 111101 1110101 1010101 110101001 1000111 11010101 110111 100100 010101 110001000 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 238
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.