This is an analysis of the poem Hymn Xi: God, The Offended God Most High that begins with:
God, the offended God most high,
Ambassadors to rebels sends;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aXac XXab cdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10010111 01000101 01000101 11011001 10010111 10010110 01111101 11010101 11011100 11010101 11010101 11010101 11011101 01100101 11000101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn Xi: God, The Offended God Most High;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.