This is an analysis of the poem Through Every Sense A Sweet Balm Permeates that begins with:
Through every sense a sweet balm permeates,
As music strikes new tones from every nerve.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccddeaXXXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11001011101 11011101001 0101010101 0101110101 0101000101 10100110101 1101010111 1001010111 1101010111 0100011111 1111010101 10111101010 01010011100 010100010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 606
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Through Every Sense A Sweet Balm Permeates;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.