This is an analysis of the poem Proud With The Spoils Of Royal Cully that begins with:
Proud with the spoils of royal cully,
With false pretence to wit and parts, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 100101010 01100111 110101010 01010011 11011111 111111110 11110111 010111010 01010101 11100101 11010001 11100111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase her connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Proud With The Spoils Of Royal Cully;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.