This is an analysis of the poem Suffer Little Children, And Forbid Them Not, To Come Unto Me that begins with:
To Jesus our Saviour some parents presented
Their children-what fears and what hopes they must feel!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab XcXc XdXd efef XcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010110110010 11011111111 100010111010 110100110001 110110101110 11100111111 11001010010 00101001101 011010110110 11001101111 1111110010110 11101001011 110110110011 01101111001 111010111011 101001101001 110111010110 11011001011 1010010110100 110101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 198
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Suffer Little Children, And Forbid Them Not, To Come Unto Me;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.