This is an analysis of the poem Parental Recollections that begins with:
A child's a plaything for an hour;
Its pretty tricks we try... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba XcXc dddb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010111110 010111 11110101 1101101 11111001 110101 11110101 10011 11000101 110101 11011101 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Parental Recollections;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.