This is an analysis of the poem The Tide River that begins with:
Clear and cool, clear and cool,
By laughing shallow and dreaming pool;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccXD aaeeffXd gghhbbiiXD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 111111 110101101 111111 110101101 100110101 1010110111 1000101000 1111011011 111111 1010100101 111111 111101101 1011001011 1011001011 111001100 1011011011 111111 01111001001 111111 1011111001 0010110101 10101101101 11111001001 101111101001 1000101000 1111011011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 328
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, clear, cool, dank, foul, strong, free are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word child at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Tide River;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.