This is an analysis of the poem The Irish Peasant Girl that begins with:
She lived beside the Anner,
At the foot of Slievna-man,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaXcXc dbebefdf egegeheh dgeghcdc XaXaXiXi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 1010101 010101 011101 01010100 01011 101110101 011111 1101010 111101 11000101 111101 1111110 1010101 0101110 1100001 111101 111111 10101110 0010101 11111010 1101001 0111110 1010111 11011110 1110101 1111010 110111 10101010 0110101 1100010 1010111 1111110 010111 111011100 1110011 10111010 1110111 101000101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 238
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, brave, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Irish Peasant Girl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.