This is an analysis of the poem A Basket Of Summer Fruit that begins with:
First see those ample melons-brindled o'er
With mingled green and brown is all the rind;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cdcd eaea bfbf gfgf dfdf hfhf cici adad gjgj cXci
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11110101010 0101110101 1111110101 11010010011 1111000111 10011000101 100001110111 010010101 1111010001 0111010001 11001010001 1101001101 0111011101 1011110111 1011000101 1101000101 1111001101 110100110001 1101010001 1101010101 0111010001 001100101010 0101000101 01010001010 111111001010 0100110101 101011100110 1101001101 1111110101 11010100010 0101110001 11010100010 1101101100 010011101001 0100010101 11010001001 1101001101 11011010101 11000100001 1011010111 11010100010 1111010100 10000011010 1000100100
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same words here, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Basket Of Summer Fruit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.