This is an analysis of the poem Die Schone Wittwe that begins with:
DAT pooty liddle vidow
Vot ve dosh'nt vish to name, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXXXXXbXcccXbXd eXXXfXXdXXfXfXXeXXXcXXbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,25,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 111101 111011101 010101 0110010 10001101 111010101 111111 11001110 1100101 11001010 11101101 011111110 1111101 11111111 110101 11011110 011111 11011101 1101010 11110111 111111 11111111 101001 110111 00111110 1100001 10101010 100111 11011101 111001 1010010101 110111 11011101 110011 11100111 101101 111101 11110 111111010 111101 11011111 110111 1111110110 100111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 685
- Average number of words per stanza: 127
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; dey, lofes, her, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words dey, you, die are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Die Schone Wittwe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.