This is an analysis of the poem Rondel that begins with:
Strengthen, my Love, this castle of my heart,
And with some store of pleasure give me aid, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABabbaaBabbaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010011 1011010111 1100010001 11010101011 1001011101 1101010101 1011010011 1011010111 1111001101 01010100101 1111110101 0111110011 1011010011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 576
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rondel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.